Massage is a methodical manual application of pressure and movement of the soft tissues of the body including skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and fascia (the membrane surrounding muscle and muscle groups). Deep muscle massage breaks up adhesions between muscle groups and restores them back to their original length through stretching. It also relieves tension, stimulates nerves, and promotes the flow of blood and lymphatic fluids.
At Liberty Wellness & Chiro our Licensed Massage Therapists (LMT’s) specialize in medical massage techniques and related joint mobilization to provide a welcome relief from the symptoms of neck pain, back pain, tension, stress, headache, muscle and joint pain, sports and repetitive stress injuries. Our Massage Therapists work in a calm and relaxed environment under the direction of our team of doctors to treat your problem areas.
Massage Therapy is an essential part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and wellness plan.
A wide range of benefits include:
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Enhances sleep quality
- Improves your mental energy and overall energy levels
- Decreases depression and anxiety
- Increases circulation
- Decreases muscle tension and stiffness
- Boosts immunity by stimulating the production of white blood cells
- Improves concentration
- Releases endorphins which are the body’s natural pain and stress fighters
For chronic pain sufferers massage therapy:
- Alleviates lower back pain
- Aids in the stretching and exercise of muscles
- Decreases myofascial pain by softening and relaxing tired muscles
- Increases joint flexibility and improves overall range of motion
- Improves the immune system by the stimulation of lymph flow
- Helps to alleviate migraines and tension headaches
- Diminishes the need and dependence for pain medication
- Assists in the recovery process of post surgery patients